Thursday, August 20, 2009

home in transition -early works 2003-2005

I'm remembering some of these older works now as leading into this ongoing 'Home Squat Residency' project. I explored notions of home as, uprooted, flexible and nomadic.


Our Household Window, Collective project with my New Zealand flatmates Tim, Bex, and Shauna - Sharing Spaces, Roar Gallery, Wellington, New Zealand 2004



Nesting, a private performance piece, Wellington, New Zealand, 2003







Finding Home...with ladders, 2004



Homebody IV, 2005



Homebody III, 2005






Homebody II - with Body of Evidence performance ,2005



The first suitcase in the Homebody series, made from my childhood suitcase



Homebody I, 2005, effects carried from Wellington, New Zealand to San Francisco, California


Material Girl - things from my closet, 2004



Material Girl Run, a sweaty run around the neighborhood



Material Girl on display, 2004






Global Threadbare, 2005 - made from travel clothes

No comments:

Post a Comment